- Personal information collected
We collect information:
- When you register an account to become a ONEtobeONE user (“User”), such as your name, e-mail, employer, country, and a password.
- When you view and interact with ONEtobeONE pages, features, and functionality, including ONEtobeONE mobile applications, software (like adding to your profile, participating in Groups, uploading contacts, etc.), and platform technology (like “Share on ONEtobeONE” buttons or third party applications). We also collect your IP address, browser type, operating system, mobile carrier, and your ISP, and receive the URLs of sites from which you arrive or leave the ONEtobeONE website, or sites that have embedded ONEtobeONE platform technology.
- Through cookies and other technologies that allow us to recognize you, customize your experience, and serve advertisements both on and off ONEtobeONE. Learn more about cookies, beacons in Sections 1G and 1H, below.
- When you interact with third party services available through ONEtobeONE like surveys, polls or other third party research undertaken with your consent.
- Uses of personal information
We use the information you provide to:
- Enable you to share your information and communicate with other Users, or provide your personal details to third parties offering combined services with ONEtobeONE;
- Administer your account with us and customize the service we provide to you and other Users; and to
- Send you service or promotional communications through email and notices on the ONEtobeONE website.
- Connect you to opportunities by enabling other professionals to find you on ONEtobeONE.
- Your Information Choices
- Review, enhance or edit your personal information through your personal profile page;
- Control the messages you receive from ONEtobeONE;
- Your obligations to other Users.
- Personal information you provide will be secured in accordance with industry standards and technology. Since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to ONEtobeONE. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
The mission of ONEtobeONE is to connect the world’s companies and professionals to enable them to be more productive and successful. We work to fulfill this mission by helping you, your connections, and millions of other companies and professionals meet, exchange information and ideas, learn, make deals, find opportunities or employees, work, and make decisions in a network of trusted relationships and groups.
Being part of ONEtobeONE means sharing information about yourself with other professionals, communicating with them, as well as working privately on your own. By default, your account is set up to share the information that we have found the vast majority of our Users are interested in sharing. But the amount and type of information you decide to share, and with whom you share it, is up to you.
Of course, maintaining your trust is our top concern, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- We do not rent, sell, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except as described in this policy or as required by law.
- We do not share any information you have not chosen to display on your ONEtobeONE profile to other parties, unless compelled by law, or as necessary to enforce our User Agreement or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ONEtobeONE, its Users, and the public.
- All information that you provide will be protected with industry standard protocols and technology.
Please read this policy and send us questions, concerns and suggestions.
- Information collected by ONEtobeONE.
- How ONEtobeONE uses your information.
- Your information choices.
- Your obligations as a User.
- Information Collected
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
In order to become a User, you must provide us the following information to create an account: name, email address, country, and password. Without this minimal amount of information, you cannot create a ONEtobeONE account. Like other passwords, you should choose one that is known only by you. ONEtobeONE requests other information from you during the registration process, (e.g., gender, location, etc.) that ONEtobeONE uses to provide better, more customized services such as language-specific profile pages and updates, better ads, and more valuable career opportunities. You acknowledge that this information is personal to you, and by creating an account on ONEtobeONE, you allow others, including ONEtobeONE, to identify you and to allow LI to use your information in accordance with our User Agreement.
- Contacts Information
In order to connect with others on ONEtobeONE, you may use the Services to send invitations either to their ONEtobeONE profiles or email addresses of people you know if they have not registered with ONEtobeONE. The names and email addresses of people whom you invite will be used to send your invitations and reminders as well as to allow ONEtobeONE to help expand your and your companies network. Please note that when you send an invitation to connect to another User, that User will have access to your email address because it is displayed in the invitation.
- Using the ONEtobeONE Site and Applications
We receive information when you interact with and use the ONEtobeONE website, ONEtobeONE Applications (e.g. ONEtobeONE for iPhone, Android, etc.), and ONEtobeONE platform technology (such as “Share on ONEtobeONE” plugins for publishers). For example, we know when you click on ads, upload your address book, join groups, participate in polls, install a ONEtobeONE mobile application, share articles on ONEtobeONE, etc.
- Using Third Party Services and Visiting Third Party Sites
We receive information when you use your ONEtobeONE account to log in or authenticate to a third-party website or application. Also, if you are logged into ONEtobeONE and visit a third party site that embeds ONEtobeONE professional plugins, like “Share on ONEtobeONE” for web publishers, ONEtobeONE will receive information that those pages have loaded in your web browser. ONEtobeONE will use this information to personalize the ONEtobeONE-provided functionality, including providing you insights from your ONEtobeONE network, allowing you to share information with your network, enabling you to use ONEtobeONE functionality off the
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. ONEtobeONE does not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
- Log files, IP Addresses and information about your computer and mobile device
Due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit the ONEtobeONE website we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave ONEtobeONE. ONEtobeONE also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device (including your UDID) and mobile operating system (if you are accessing ONEtobeONE using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. ONEtobeONE may also receive location data passed to it from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled. Also, as described above in Sections 1.E. and 1.F., ONEtobeONE receives information when you access web pages containing ONEtobeONE interactive plugins, such as “Share on ONEtobeONE” or “Apply with ONEtobeONE” functionality. The link between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without your permission, except as described in Section 2.L (“Compliance with Legal Process”), below.
- Rights to Access, Correct and Eliminate Information About You
You have a right to access, modify, correct and eliminate the data you supplied to ONEtobeONE. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy. You may request deletion of your information at any time by contacting ONEtobeONE customer service. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Please note, however that information you have shared with others, or that other Users have copied, may also remain visible even if you request its deletion.
- Data Retention
ONEtobeONE will retain your information for so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, except in the case of our professional plugin impression data, which we de-identify after 12 months. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce this Agreement.
- Uses of personal information
- Consent to ONEtobeONE Processing Information About You
- ONEtobeONE Communications
As described in the User Agreement, we will communicate with you through email, notices posted on the ONEtobeONE website, or through other means available through the service, including mobile text messages. We may send you a series of emails that help inform new Users about the features of the Services, and we will also send you service messages relating to the functioning of the Services. We may also send you messages with promotional information directly or on behalf of our partners, unless you have opted out of receiving promotional information.
You can change your e-mail and contact preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your settings related to your email notification choices.
Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from ONEtobeONE. Also, if we send communications to you via the carrier service with which you have a mobile communications subscription or otherwise have access, you understand you will pay any service fees associated with your receipt of messages on your mobile device (including text messaging charges).
- User Communications
Many communications you initiate through ONEtobeONE (e.g., an invitation sent to a non-User) will list your primary email address and name in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide aggregate information about your network (for instance how many people are in your network), but will not list the people to whom you’re directly connected. Other communications that you initiate through the ONEtobeONE website, like a request for an introduction, will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal email address contact information.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
ONEtobeONE takes the privacy of our Users very seriously, and we do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as described in this policy. We will also not share other personal information not published to your profile or generated through engagement with other ONEtobeONE services without your explicit consent or to carry out you instructions (for example, to process payment information) unless, disclosure is reasonably necessary in our opinion to: (1) comply with legal process, including, but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (2) enforce this Agreement; (3) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties, whether or not the third party is a User, individual, or government agency; (4) respond to customer service inquiries; or (5) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ONEtobeONE, our Users or the public.
We may provide aggregated anonymous data about the usage of the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective advertisers on ONEtobeONE.
- Compliance with Legal Process
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information and/or information about your activities as a ONEtobeONE User when required by subpoena or other legal process, or if ONEtobeONE has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (a) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) to enforce the User Agreement, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of ONEtobeONE, our Users, employees, or others.
- Disclosures to Others as the Result of a Change in Control or Sale of ONEtobeONE BV
We may also disclose your personal information and other information you provide to another third party as part of a sale of the assets of ONEtobeONE BV, a subsidiary or division, or as the result of a change in control of the company. Any third party to which ONEtobeONE transfers or sells ONEtobeONE’s assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
- Your Information Choices
- Accessing and Changing Your Account Information
You can review the personal information you provided to us and make any desired changes to the information you publish, or to the settings for your ONEtobeONE account including your email and contact preferences, at any time by logging in to your account on the ONEtobeONE website. Please be aware that even after your request for a change is processed, ONEtobeONE may, for a time, retain residual information about you in its backup and/or archival copies of its database.
- Default Settings
Because the mission of ONEtobeONE is to connect the world’s companies and professionals to enable them to become more productive and successful, we have established what we believe to be reasonable default settings that we have found most professionals desire. Because Users may use and interact with ONEtobeONE in a variety of ways, and because those uses may change over time, we designed our settings to provide our users granular control over the information they share. We encourage our Users to review their account settings and adjust them in accordance with their preferences.
- Closing Your Account
If you close your ONEtobeONE account, we will remove your name and other personally identifiable information from our publicly viewable database. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain certain data contributed by you if ONEtobeONE believes it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. ONEtobeONE may also retain and use your information if necessary to provide the Services to other Users. For example, just as an email you may send to another person through an email service provider resides in that person’s inbox even after you delete it from your sent files or close your account, emails or InMails you send on ONEtobeONE to other Users, as well as your contributions to ONEtobeONE Answers or Groups, may remain visible to others after you have closed your account. Similarly, other information you have shared with others, or that other Users have copied, may also remain visible. ONEtobeONE disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information. ONEtobeONE does not control when search engines update their cache, which may contain certain public profile information that has since been removed from ONEtobeONE’s publicly viewable database.
- Memorializing Accounts
If we learn that a User is deceased, we may memorialize the User’s account. In these cases we may restrict profile access, remove messaging functionality, and close an account if we receive a formal request from the User’s next of kin or other proper legal request to do so.
- Your Obligations
As a User, you have certain obligations to other Users. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable law and regulations, and others have become commonplace in user-friendly communities of like-minded members such as ONEtobeONE:
- You must not download or otherwise disseminate any information that may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of ONEtobeONE and its community of Users.
- You must not provide to ONEtobeONE and/or other Users information that you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person or to your professional or social status.
- You must keep your username and password confidential and not share it with others.
Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or termination of your account at the sole discretion of ONEtobeONE.
- Important information
. Children and Minors
Children under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our service.
Using the ONEtobeONE Services after a notice of changes has been sent to you or published on our site shall constitute consent to the changed terms or practices.
In order to help secure your personal information, access to your data on ONEtobeONE is password-protected, and sensitive data is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the ONEtobeONE website. Since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to ONEtobeONE. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other Users of ONEtobeONE are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.